We are so lucky to live in the heart of Reeks District! We have always known how lucky we are to live and work in Killorglin, with beaches, lakes, mountains, history and culture at our finger tips.
If you live locally or are planning a visit to the area be sure to check out the Reeks District website for lots of see and do. The website is a wealth of information, highlighting the 5 "B's" Boots, Bikes, Boards, Boats and Body & Mind. In addition is a great resources for places to eat and drink and the different cultural experiences in the region.
The Reeks District latest challenge is The Big Five takes in the some of the biggest challenges the Reeks District has to offer:
- Climb Ireland's Highest Mountain Carrantoohil (1039 m)
- Cycle the Ring of the Reeks - Ireland's Highest Mountain Pass (90 km)
- Paddle the Length of Caragh Lake (6 km)
- Surf a Wave at Inch Beach a Remote Blue Flag Beach
- Night SUP (Stand Up Paddle Board) on Lough Cloon in a Gold-Tier Dark Sky Reserve
Reeks District has been listed in the Rough Guides as one of the 6 regions on the radar of this prestigious travel guide. It has also been mentioned in Lonely Planet its a great for our region to be recognized but such prominent travel guides.
The Reeks District should definitely be on every adventurers bucket list.